Applying for Employment
The University of Texas at Austin is one of the largest employers in Austin and is committed to service, education, community and innovation. Human Resource Services (HR) supports the university in attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified and diverse workforce. We provide an online job search and job application (EID required) for regular and temporary employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 Rules)
Eligibility for Employment
Criminal History Background Check
It is the policy of The University of Texas at Austin to conduct a criminal background check including sex offender registry check on any applicant, internal or external, who is under final consideration for employment with the University. This applies to all full-time, part-time, regular, temporary or student positions.
In addition, you will be required to provide in writing any criminal charges or convictions, including any requirement or possible requirement to register as a sex offender, which occurred after the date of your application. You would not be required to report misdemeanor offenses punishable only by a fine. If you fail to comply with this provision, may be disqualified from consideration for employment
Once hired, University policy requires employees to report to their supervisor within five business days any criminal complaint, information, indictment, no contest plea, guilty plea, or criminal convictions, including registration as sex offender or requirement to register as a sex offender. Misdemeanor offenses punishable only by fine do not need to be reported.
Employment Eligibility Verification
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be employed by the University.
Selective Service Registration
If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of hire you must verify that you are registered with the Selective Service or that you are exempt, If you are required to register and you have not, you cannot be employed at The University of Texas at Austin.
- You will need your Selective Service Registration Number which can be found on your registration card or the online Selective Service System.
- To register, use the Selective Service System.
- Job search—Search for part-time, full-time and temporary positions at the university.
- How to Apply—Get info about what to do when you find the job opening for you.
- Testing—Find out how to complete any required pre-employment testing for certain positions.
- UTemps—Learn about temporary positions at the university.
- Other openings at University of Texas institutions—Review other employment opportunities available within The University of Texas System.
- More resources for student employees—Find other job listings and career services.
- Faculty Recruitment Web—Check out the university's academic employment listings.
Labor Condition Application (LCA)
- View H-1B LCA Postings— View LCA postings for H-1B purposes.
The University of Texas at Austin uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of any employee who works on a federal contract that requires E-Verify. The University does not use E-Verify for every new hire, and therefore is not a qualifying employer for the OPT-STEM extension program. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]