The university provides an online job search and application process for regular, non-academic employment as well as for our in-house temporary service, UTemps.
Important: Before you begin the application process, be sure you have created an EID and password. The EID and password are required to complete the application.
Eligibility for Employment
Employment Eligibility Verification
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work. You must present acceptable, original documents no later than the third work day, or you will not be employed by the University.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
(the List of Acceptable Documents is included in this document)
Selective Service Registration
If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of hire you must verify that you are registered with the Selective Service or that you are exempt, If you are required to register and you have not, you cannot be employed at The University of Texas at Austin.
- You will need your Selective Service Registration Number which can be found on your registration card or the online Selective Service System.
- To register, use the Selective Service System.
Completing your Application
Take the following steps to create your application to the university.
- Create your EID and password.
- Log on to the Job Application System using your EID and password.
- Select the "UT Austin Staff Employment Application" option and complete the following:
- Personal Information: Who are you? How can we reach you?
- Confidential Information: Five simple, legally-required questions.
- Document Management: Here you will upload your documents (resumes, letters of interest and lists of references) that you will use to apply to postings
- Apply for a specific job: On the left navigation menu of the application you will find the “Apply Now” section. You will enter the 12-digit posting number of the position you want to apply to. This will lead you to the “Do I Qualify” page. Here you will select which of your documents that you want to use to apply to this position. You will then certify that you qualify to apply to the position.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation
If you need an ADA accommodation to complete the application process, contact the Office of Institutional Equity at 512-471-1849 or the Human Resource Service Center at 512-471-4772 or 1-800-687-4178.
To be considered for a specific job vacancy, you must:
- Meet all of the required qualifications for the position
- Be able to perform all of the functions, with or without an accommodation, and
- Be willing and able to work under the conditions described
A qualified applicant with a disability who wishes to request reasonable accommodation for a specific position may contact the Human Resource Service Center for further information and assistance.
University typing and spelling tests are offered on campus at the Human Resource Service Center on the second floor lobby of the North Office A Building (NOA) located at 101 E. 27th St.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
You may take typing tests twice a week, once a day. You may take spelling tests once every six months. Your highest score for each test will be kept.
If you live out of state, you may also contact your local employment office to have them coordinate testing with the Human Resource Service Center at at 512 471-4772 or 1-800-687-4178.