Privileges for Retirees
As a university retiree, you can take advantage of a number of programs and services. These privileges are one more way that the university thanks you for your years of service. You can:
- Maintain a university e-mail address as a retiree, or sign up for an e-mail account for the first time as a retiree. Contact the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400.
- Use University Libraries with a university ID card. Contact the Main Perry-Castaneda Library at 512-495-4250.
- Use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Confidential counseling for personal and work-related concerns is available for you and your eligible dependents. Contact the EAP at 512-471-3366.
- Be admitted to all Texas Union programs sponsored by the Texas Union Programming Committee at student rates with a university ID card. Call 512-475-6636 for information.
- Be a member of the Retired Faculty-Staff Association along with your spouse. For information, contact Carol Barrett, RFSA Coordinator at the Texas Exes, by calling 512-471-8081.
- Purchase tickets for professional touring events presented by the Performing Arts Center at a discounted price. A university ID card is required. Call 512-471-1444 for details.
- Attend most intercollegiate sports events at a discounted rate or free of charge. A university ID card is required. Contact the Athletic Ticket Office at 512-471-3333.
- Purchase a Recreational Sports Facility Permit, which can include family members. Contact the Division of Recreational Sports at 512-471-6370.
- Audit courses, if age 65 or older, without charge if space is available. Visit the Office of the Registrar's Web site to view course schedules and find courses you're interested in auditing. Once you find a course you're interested in, contact the department and the course instructor.
- Apply for a parking permit at a reduced rate. Visit the Parking and Transportation Services Retiree Parking Web site for more information, or contact them at 512-471-4761.
- Register for computer courses at the Thompson Conference Center and pay the faculty/staff rate. Contact the Microcomputer Teaching Facility at 512-471-3121.
- Receive a 10% discount at the University Co-op on everything except textbooks. A university ID card is required. Contact the Co-op at 512-476-7211.
- Ride Capital Metro buses for free by presenting a valid UT ID. Visit the Capital Metro Fares web site for more information. You can contact them at 512-474-1200 or email@example.com.
- Membership fees to The Campus Club at the AT&T Executive Conference Center are ½ the full rate. There are no initiation or cancellation fees. For more information please visit The Campus Club web site.
- Membership at the University of Texas Club is the same monthly rate as full time faculty and staff ($22) as opposed to $69 for non-UT members. For membership application, please call 512-477-5800. Reference this confirmation for the discount.
This information is a summary of privileges offered by various university and non-university organizations. Human Resources validated this information at the time of publication, however, changes may occur. If you become aware of changes to this information, please notify us so we may update this summary.