At The University of Texas at Austin, students make up an important and valued part of our workforce. The resources below, and the links on either side of this page, will provide you with important information about student employment at the university.
Checklists and Important Dates
- New Student Employee Checklist
- Supervisor’s Checklist for Hiring a New Student Employee
- Student Employment Dates, Spring 2015 [PDF]
Answers to Common Questions
- Student Employment Questions and Answers
- Overview of Enrollment Requirements for Student Job Titles [PDF]
- Summary of University Limits on Student Work Hours [PDF]
Student Employee Excellence Development (SEED) Program
If you're a student working for UT Austin, we have a professional development program just for you! The SEED Program provides student employees a chance to earn a Student Employee Excellence Certification by attending free, one-hour workshops. For more information, please visit the SEED website.
Celebrate Your Student Employees!
- President’s Student Employee of the Year Award
- National Student Employee Appreciation Week: April 12-18, 2015
Lauren A. Fedele
Student Associate, Facilities Services
Recipient of the 2013-2014 President’s Student Employee of the Year Award