Caitlin's Blog

Oh, San Antonio!

I’m back in SA to spend the break with my family. I’ve only been here five days, and already tears have been shed, quarrels have been fought, and good times have been had.

It’s good to be on break, although most of my days have already been eaten up with unpacking and fixing my stupid iPod. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t live without the thing, but this is the SECOND time it’s broken in a span of under two years!!! Oh Apple. . .I curse the spell you have on me. Anyway, most of my music has been re-loaded and today was spent with my mom at doctor appointments.

You’d think this would have been one of the worst days EVER, but even though I dreaded it (the doctor, among many other things, freaks me out) I had a blast! This is the first day my mom and I really got to spend together, and I was able to share SO much with her about things I have learned in classes and even things I’ve learned from Austinite friends outside of class.

That’s the beauty of college. I learn a little something from everyone I meet! Anyway, I am healthy as can be and my shots are up-to-date, which is always a positive thing to learn. Even though I wasn’t really looking forward to coming home, fearing it would be boring, I haven’t really been very bored at all. Complacent, perhaps, because I assigned many, many tasks for myself this break. But not bored.

Tomorrow the fam is traveling over to a little shopping village called Bracken Village, and then my best friend Tiffany is coming to visit me (as long as she isn’t sick)! Tiffany and I met the summer before our freshman year of college, at Camp Texas.

Camp Texas is a camping-type trip (although less camp-like and more bonding-oriented) that was really crucial in a lot of the closest relationships I’ve made. I met Tiffany there, a friend named Chase, and my boyfriend of over a year, Scott. I was SO close to backing out at the last minute, too, because of nerves.

But it was a blast, and my camp counselors were extremely friendly and welcoming. Despite having a wonderful and relaxing time here at home, I am very much looking forward to my next semester. My schedule is exciting, and working with New Student Services by being an Orientation Advisor again is going to be incredible.

Anyway, I’m off for now, but feel free to shoot me an e-mail with any questions you have about anything at all! Especially if you want to talk to me about music – I love to learn about new artists that I might like:)

December 21, 2006 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Caitlin