Vicente's Blog

School is done!….for the semester…

Everyone looks foward to Christmas break especially after a semester with a lot of work. This year I got to go home early, because I didn’t have any finals, which is really awesome, but how did this happen? Read on…

Well, I am a marketing major, and in general marketing upper division courses have few, if any, finals. Unfortunately, lack of finals comes at a price, because marketing courses are full of group presentations and projects, which count as finals, and in the last weeks of school, the work really piles on. The week after Thanksgiving, I had a presentation for my practicum course, during that week I also spent time preparing for another presentation I had the following week on Monday, then I had another presentation on Wednesday, which I spent some time working on, and I ended my classes for Fall 06 with a test on Thursday. It might not sound like a lot of work but I spent a lot of hours preparing, studying, working on, and practicing for the presentations and the test. I was exhausted by the time I took the test but I got to go home without having to take any finals.

So now I’m enjoying my time home. The one thing about going to college and being away from home that you’ll learn, is that when you go back for a weekend, or a break, your parents usually treat you like royalty, cooking your favorite meal or whatnot.

December 18, 2006 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Vicente