Karen's Blog

Blast from the past

Yesterday morning a few of the bloggers and two other students served on a student panel for Longhorn Saturday, an event where prospective students and their parents are invited to the university for informational sessions about the application process and life at UT.

Let’s face it. I’m not really “new” to UT anymore and I actually had a few senior moments as I tried to remember the application process and my experiences as a freshman. It was so interesting to see those bright-eyed prospective students and to think about how much change they are facing within the next few years.

It gave me such a sense of pride, and those feelings of excitement about UT came flooding back. I remember pretty vividly how I lived in a state of nervousness for quite a while awaiting my acceptance letter. Thank God that’s over! You couldn’t pay me to go through the application process again…

With the ending of the fall semester coming soon and some some dear friends graduating in a week, I’m desperately trying to avoid an anxiety attack while I finish up all the papers/projects/reports/evaluations. Hopefully I’ll survive. I love how we get a whole month off for Christmas…it’s well deserved!

December 3, 2006 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Karen