Karen's Blog

Oh no, here comes spring…

I hope everybody had a fantastic break and wonderful New Years! It scares me that Christmas break is coming to a close. I’ll be back in Austin in less than a week. I love being home. It’s been so relaxing to spend quality time with my family and friends…not to mention the fiancee. Unlike most women, the thought of planning a wedding doesn’t get me super excited, but rather makes me cringe a bit. In a perfect world, I wish someone else could do everything and I’d just show up for the event. Unfortunately it doesn’t work quite like that.

Recovering from the foot surgery is a challenge that also seems to be coming to a close. I finally graduated to tennis shoes (albeit super ugly doctor prescribed ones) and it’s nice to know I won’t have to boot around campus. Plus, I get this nifty handicapped placard that I try to only use it when the pain is pretty bad.

It hasn’t quite hit me that it’s the last semester of my undergraduate education. I hope that it goes smoothly.

January 6, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Karen