Chrystal's Blog

It’s Almost That Time!

I love you UT, but I am so ready to go…

It is my last semester here at THE Univesity of Texas at Austin, and it turns out I only have two classes left to graduate. And they are only on Tuesdays and Thursdays…I love it…I love it. I thought I had three, but that shows that you should make sure you have your classes lined out. This is so that you can graduate as soon as possible without taking unnecessary classes. But yes….I am so going to enjoy this semester, which I think I deserve. That might sound cocky, but I have pulled so many all-nighters in my past few years and spent so many nights studying while everyone else went out!

I would first of all like to thank the weather for allowing us all to miss two great days of class. :) However, I get the feeling that UT will make us pay for it later. The bad part is that it put me behind in getting to add/drop my classes. See I am trying to take a graduate course and I have to get all kinds of approval. Therefore, I have spent the pass three days fighting…literally…to get the needed signatures. Thankfully, in my time here at UT I have learned patience, because it certainly does not run in the family. The reason this class is important to me is because I am going to graduate school and this course will help me see what field I am going into.

Anyways, on to the more fun stuff. My club, Urban Salsa, is starting off really well. I will let you guys know when our next performance is. For example, this Thursday we are going to the Copa Bar to go salsa, and of course you are invited. Next, weekend I shall be going to Waco, Texas with my soRHOrs to see an annual stepshow at Baylor. Then, in March I shall be heading to Columbus, Ohio with my other favorite club NSBE. NSBE stands for the National Society of Black Engineers, and I seriously love this organization. I have been raised by NSBE since my freshman year. Whether you are an engineer or not, I would highly recommend you join this organization. For there are SO many connections!!!

Anyways, well I have to get back to class! Poodles!

January 23, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Chrystal