Caitlin's Blog

What do you do when you have SO much to do? Retreat!

Classes thus far have been insanely busy, trying to play catch-up with the winter weather. Personally, *I’ve* been crazy busy trying to play catch-up from my sick day last weekend!I’m still behind, and this weekend is Retreat for Orientation Advisors (where we do a lot of intense training and bonding, it’s fabulous!) It’s going to be great, but it is also going to suck up my weekend, and put me even further behind. I’ll just have to be extremely disciplined after I get back. Anyway, let’s talk about classes! First, a review: I’m a double-major in the College of Communications; I’m a Radio-Television-Film and Journalism major. It’s wonderful and I love it and have a LOT of College pride:) Mmk, onto classes. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are German days. I’m currently in my eighth year of German, and it’s still tough for me to converse fluidly. I’m working on it, though, because I’d love to be bi- or even multilingual. It’s a class that absolutely requires practice, preferably every day (although I haven’t been living up to that standard yet this semester!) It’s very rewarding, though, and I love my teacher. I call her a teacher instead of professor because she’s still a PhD student here at the University. She’s excellent and very friendly:) I love that class. That is my only OFFICIAL class for MWF, but the days are sprinkled with Orientation meetings and screenings for other classes, so none of those days are ONLY German days. Tuesdays and Thursdays are HECTIC, but awesome. I start them off with Journalism in the morning, and my Professor seems like a kook and scholar and incredibly intelligent, and it seems like it will be a great class. Then there’s my (so far) favorite class, RTF316. It’s the history of Radio and TV. It sounds horrible, I know, but it’s incredible and we really get into the philosophy of history; a discussion of what makes history and why. Then it’s off to RTF317, a screenwriting-type class required of RTF students wanting to get into upper-production classes. I’m one of the few RTF kids who want to get into radio, so this class isn’t of particular use to me. However, it’s enjoyable and my prof is ridiculously boisterous and awesome, so I think it’ll be a good class. Then it’s the Orientation class, which is SO great!! I’m loving the new Orientation Advisors already:) It’s going to be fun to get to know them better this weekend at Retreat. For now, I’ve got to go pack and get myself ready, so I’ll be back later to put together a (hopefully) less-sporadic post than this one. Keep the e-mails coming, I love to answer questions and help in any way I can!

January 26, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Caitlin