Karen's Blog

Beautiful Sundays

Whew. Last week was a living hell. Ugh. It was filled with bunches of assignments, org meetings, and the realization that the financial status of your org wasn’t as secure as you thought it was.

All is well. I think this is the first semester where I’ve actually learned to say no. I’ve said no to other volunteer opportunities, other meetings, other constraints on my time. I actually stayed in on Saturday night, finished up some homework, and got decent sleep. You’d be amazed how you can enjoy Sundays when you wake up earlier than noon.

Today I went with two good friends to Mount Bonnell. I had never been before, but it’s definitely a must if you live in Austin. It was so nice to see the whole city but in a place where you’ve got peace and can’t quite get absorbed in all the hustle and bustle. I’m embarrassed that I hadn’t gone earlier…you think you’d know a city if you’ve lived there almost five years.

Here comes one more week, but I’ll be one week closer to graduation!

photo of Karen