Caitlin's Blog

My dripping-wet weekly check in!

Hello, all. It is a rainy day here in Austin, Texas – and I love it!Unfortunately, instead of playing in the rain like I’d love to do, my maturity and responsibility has kicked in, and I’ve decided to prepare for my 2 tests and 4 due papers this week. Yes, that’s right: 2 exams and 4 papers. But honestly, it isn’t so bad. I’ve already completed 2 papers and an exam, so I’m halfway through! Tonight, I have quite a few chapters of reading to do, as well as a few South by Southwest reviews for the KVRX publication, ‘The Call Letter.’ I have the munchies like CRAZY lately, probably due to a lot of stress and feeling quite unconfident in my own skin. I don’t think I’ve actually mentioned this on this particular blog before, but I actually have an eating disorder. It’s something I’ve struggled with for years, and I’m definitely getting better all the time. Still, sometimes it is extremely difficult. That’s when I’m thrilled to live in Austin, especially on a rainy day like this. Why does that matter? Well, one of my least favorite aspects of my eating disorder is the numbing feeling I have whenever I try to dull my emotions with food. Thus, on a cold and sprinkly day like today, I can go outside, take a deep breath of rain-air, and feel like everything has been washed clean, including me. I feel like I get to start fresh. Also, my friends, boyfriend, and Austin therapist help me *so* much through lots of the hardest times. Essentially, I love my college support system that I have formed. I’ve also been meaning to attend one of the many UT therapy-groups for people with eating disorders. There are just so many resources here that whenever I feel lonely, help is just a phone call or door-knock away. Anyway, for now I’m off to get some work done! Keep e-mailing me questions, faithful readers; I love chatting with y’all:)

photo of Caitlin