Karen's Blog

Texas Nursing Students Association Convention

The reason why I haven’t posted lately is because school’s been CRAZY. I’m applying for jobs, doing homework, still actively involved in all the orgs, and trying to plan a wedding all at the same time. Note to the reader: don’t try to do all those things at the same time. It doesn’t facilitate a healthy social life…

Anyway, on February 22-24, UT Nursing Students Association (UTNSA) took 23 students to the Texas Nursing Students Association State Convention in Galveston, Texas. Nothing like missing class for a cool convention! It was a lot smaller than it has been in the past (I’ve been to three now), but it still provided communication between all nursing schools in the state, networking, finding a job at the career walk, and learning more about nursing through focus sessions. Once you go, you realize the importance of joining professional organizations, and you can bet money I’ll be a member of the Texas Nurses Association the day I get my RN license.

Here’s Everybody:

There we also debated and voted on internally generated legislation that specifically concern student nurses. It’s great! We’ve got the National Student Nurses Association National Convention coming up in April, and this year it’s in Anaheim! Rock.

Tomorrow I’m going with three other students to the Nurse Day at the Capitol to lobby for nursing. I can’t believe the opportunities I’ve had through UTNSA and through UT…it’s a little mind boggling.

One week until spring break.

photo of Karen