Vicente's Blog

The amenities of being a senior…

What do I like about being a senior in college? The fact that I got first choice, along with other seniors, about which classes to take and at what time. For the past three semesters, my earliest classes have been at 11:00am, giving me plenty of sleep time. Life is good.

Of course, choosing at what time you go to class isn’t the only perk. Seniors get the best seats for football games with season tickets. But for me, getting to sleep late is the best thing in the world compared to my 9:00am freshman biology class I took my first year at UT. Oh, and my three day weekends are awesome too. I have 4 classes Monday thru Thursdays then my three day weekends, which I’ve had for a while now, I almost forget what it was like to have classes all week.

Although it was kind of tough my first year, trying to adjust and keep up, it’s worth it in the later years. That and after graduating, the prospect of getting a good paying job.

photo of Vicente