Karen's Blog

Catching up

So a lot of stuff has happened in the past few weeks. Ahh the wonders of senior year!

Along with some other senior nursing students, I went to the Texas Nurses’ Day at the Capitol a little more than a month ago. We worked with the Texas Nurses Association to lobby the Texas Legislature. I learned a lot about the legislative process and the associated bureaucracy. Here we are:

The job searching process has finally come to an end. I’ve been told by hundreds of people that it’s great that I’m going into nursing, because people will be throwing themselves at me to get me to work for their hospital. Big time misconception. Human resource departments are hard to get through, which is understandable because they get a huge influx of applications all in one month. I applied and interviewed at St. Luke’s Hospital in Houston, and this week I went on my second interview at Texas Children’s Hospital in the Emergency Center. I got the job offer at St. Luke’s, and was about to take it when I got a call from Texas Children’s with an offer! I accpted

photo of Karen