Michelle's Blog

Coming to an end

How did this happen?

How did January suddenly become May? How did I go from being a freshman to a junior that is bound for Washington D.C.?

I’m not sure. I guess it’s true. Time flies when you’re having fun.

As I’m closing the chapter of my undergraduate life at UT, I realize the importance of simple things and ceremonies.

The simple things- walking on campus on a beautiful day

Ceremonies- my graduation ceremony in May

I realize that all of this helps us define the beginnings and the ends.

Last Friday, I went to Orange & White Ball

Orange & White Ball 2007
Orange & White Ball 2007

I guess you can call it UT’s prom. It’s meant to be a celebration for the end of the year for seniors, but the entire campus is invited. Everyone comes dressed up and ready to dance the night away.

It was beautiful. It was fun. It was bittersweet.

It finally hit me that my time at my UT was coming to an end. It would be nice to just enjoy college life, which is suspended reality. You enjoy all the benefits of adult life, but not the harsh realities. Trust me, it’s suspended reality. It’s a protective bubble. Then, you have to be willing to burst your own bubble. It’s time to step forward to the next phase in life. You take what you learn–all the memories, experiences, and lessons, then you face the world.

Lesson 10-
Yes, college is nice, but the world is waiting for you. Don’t let it wait any longer.

photo of Michelle