Chrystal's Blog

Woooo Sahhhhh!

Woooo Sahhhhh!

I am so trying to stay calm! For the last week it has been really crazy and it is going to be crazy for the next week. So let me tell you what has been going on. This past week was my sororities, Sigma Gamma Rhos Regional Conference in Dallas, Texas.

So Thursday night I drove three hours to Dallas and went to meetings for a few hours Friday morning. Then Friday afternoon I drove to Jarvis Christian College near Tyler, Texas. There my sorors and I competed in their stepshow that night and WON (of course)! Then I drove back to Dallas early the next morning to go back to the conference to compete in my sororitys talent competition. Well, by the grace of God, I won 1st place there two along with two other awards. I guess you can say this was my lucky (and stressful) weekend. But now after driving back from Dallas and attempting to catch up on work, I am TIRED!

Why is it when you are most tired that the most annoying people want to bother you? I think Joel Osteen said something along the lines of, if you are impatient, God will put the slowest people in your path (to help you grow of course). Well, this must be my time of learning!!

Anyways, all is going well with my Urban Salsa Club! We have a website that will be up soon and we have workshop for beginners that will be held on April 10th! Email me for details or just check Facebook! :)

As for this week I am heading to Columbus, Ohio for the National Society of Black Engineers National Conference that is this Wednesday thru Sunday. I have been so stressed out because a small problem came up with my high school kids who are going with us! I think it is going to be ok though!

photo of Chrystal