Alex's Blog

Happy Thanksgiving! (And Trapeze Lesson Fun)

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I’m sure a lot of you are going home for the holiday. Be safe getting home and stuff yourselves silly while you’re there. Oh, and of course don’t forget to cheer the Longhorns on this Friday during the A&M football game.

On a completely unrelated note, Jon and I had our first trapeze lesson this Saturday. Curious? Don’t worry, I have provided a captivating photo gallery of the event!

Surfing the web one afternoon, I stumbled upon The Crossings website and saw that they offered trapeze classes through December 2nd. The Crossings is this sort of spa retreat in Austin and they seem to always have unique classes like this. I decided to sign Jon and I up for the trapeze class as our two year anniversary gift. We just went this past weekend and it was a blast!

The guys who taught the class were all really experienced and travel in worldwide shows during the rest of the year. They instructed on us how to do some basic trapeze moves and even demonstrated everything for us. We were able to do some really, really neat tricks! Check it out.

Jon standing on top of the trapeze platform
Jon standing on top of the trapeze platform, getting ready to take flight!
Jon on the trapeze
Jon on the trapeze – nice form, kid!
Me upside down on trapeze
Me upside down on the trapeze!
Being caught by a professional trapeze artist
Me being caught by a professional. How fun!

So, that was our trapeze class! We had a lot of fun and I am definitely glad I brought my camera along. By the way, the website to The Crossings is www.thecrossingsaustin.com. And the website to the guys who teach the classes is www.trapeze-experience.com. Thought I’d throw that out there in case anyone else was interested in trapeze lessons.

November 21, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Alex