Joe's Blog

I wish more hours were in the day…

So I know it has been awhile since my last post and for that I sincerely apologize. I always seem to mean to do it but something comes up and I get distracted and the blog doesn’t get done. I’m sorry, there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Some days, like right now, I wish there were twenty seven hours in a day. At least that way I would be able to get some sleep. LOL!

I have good news to share. I won a a talent show the other day with an original poem I recited called, Black Don’t Bruise. I was really nervous about saying it because I get really nervous when saying my poems in front of large groups, because it’s like going up there and telling everyone my life story. But it’s still fun none the less. It’s like I have an alter ego that develops once I get on stage. It’s weird, but you’ll have to see me to understand. It’s like two different people.

So Thanksgiving is coming and I am really excited. Especially for the FOOD! I think I kinda miss my family as well. I haven’t seen them in a while and I am really anxious to see my nephew. I talked to him the other day and he said he missed me. It’s hard not being there to see him every day but it’s easier knowing that one day he will be a future longhorn. (Even though he is only three, I am already trying to get him ready to come here.)But just thinking about all of the delicious foods and desserts makes me hungry and happy…lol!

So last Saturday we had a group from Houston come in and we took them to the game and stuff like that and one of the students asked me what the hardest thing about college was. It was hard to answer that question because to me, you make college as hard as you want it. If you have a mentality that you don’t need to study and still pass all of your classes, it may be more difficult for you. But if you actually study and pay attention and do all of your work, it probably will be a lot easier. So to answer the question, it depends. College isn’t hard, you just have to learn how to actually apply yourself, in most cases. Not to say that everything here is easy, but it will be a much smoother transition if you go to office hours, study sessions, pay attention to the syllabi, do all of your work and ask for help when you need it.

I’m going to do my best to post less sporadically but you never know with life. E-mail me if you have any questions.

-Ciao

P.S.- So the random fact for today is that it takes me an hour and a half to get up every morning…

November 15, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Joe