Anneliese's Blog

She’s Leaving Home

Well…. actually I’m going home, but I am leaving my UT home.

As we all know, this coming Thursday is Thanksgiving! And it just so happens to be my favorite holiday in the world. That could be solely based on the fact that I love eating, but that’s not what’s really important. Being in college, there is nothing I appreciate more than spending some quality time with my family, except maybe getting to spend quality time with them over a free meal.

This Thanksgiving looks a little rocky though. My family is currently moving from Dallas to Houston, so over the break, we are packing up our house in Dallas. There is nothing I hate more than packing boxes— BUT (!) I have no room to complain given that my parents have moved about twice as many times as I have. Anyways, I’m not looking forward to that part of the break, but I am just so excited to be home again- especially in that house. This is my favorite house that we’ve ever lived in. So my excitement to go back kind of trumps the knowledge that I have to pack up boxes.

It’s also going to be rough going home, because I haven’t been home since my dog died. It’s going to be a strange realization to walk in the door and not hear Truman’s collar jingling to come greet me and not see his ears flopping as he runs down the hallway. I guess that will make this Thanksgiving extra special, because my family will all be together, and we will be especially thankful.

This Thanksgiving is going to be unlike any other one, but I still can’t wait to see my family. Hands down, the hardest part of being in Austin is coming home every day and not getting to sit down with my parents and sister and tell them about my day and hear about theirs. Given, I typically do that over the phone as often as I possibly can, yet it’s still not the same. I can’t wait to just sit down and talk to my family face to face; to laugh at my dad’s corny jokes; to have my sister answer any possible medical question I could come up with (she’s like a medical encyclopedia!) and to gossip about boys with her; and to get the best advice in the world from my mom.

I’ll be back in a week, and I’ll be sure to let you know how great of time I had.

November 19, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Anneliese