Enrique's Blog

Time Won’t Let Me Go

Well, well, well… it has been a while, and for that my humble apologies.
Since it has been a while, I’ve decided to break down my occurrences by categories.

ACADEMIA
School has been very hectic. Essays here, there and everywhere. It’s like the Electric Slide. I’ve seen in my years here that Liberal Arts Majors tend to have their finals during the last couple of weeks during the semester. What I mean by this is that our essays, research papers, and whatnot are due while you are due while still in class.

Odd… I know, but the inverse is true for other majors/disciplines… they get to take exams during finals season…

Okay, so I still have two finals: Advertising and History, but that’s it. Woot Woot!

I have a Business Fair for my MIS class next week, a poetry portfolio, two Spanish essays (en espaol) due tomorrow, and a History essay due next Friday… yay Liberal Arts!

FAMILY
I got back from Thanksgiving weighing a couple of pounds more than before. I had a couple of friends over so that they didn’t have to spend Thanksgiving in the comfort of an empty dorm. It was a blast! I bought myself an early birthday present: Rock Band!

Now, this is going to sound like a sales pitch, but I don’t care.
Rock Band offers players the opportunity to play drums, bass, guitar, or sing!
It’s so much fun!

The bad thing: it’s addictive. I can’t hear music without seeing little lines where I need to strum a guitar or something. Luckily, I’m not the only one. I saw someone walking yesterday who was playing an air guitar frantically on his way to class.

I love going home and seeing my parents and siblings. My sister is quite mature now… it’s funny how quickly girls mature. The only thing that distinguishes my sibling’s age is that my brother is taller than my sister. Other than that, my sister acts 15 and my brother IS 15.

EMPLOYMENT
One more semester has come and nearly gone. I’m about to get evaluated by my students in the Freshman Seminar class I’m a Writing Mentor in. I can’t wait to see what they have to say. I like knowing how I can improve and become a better mentor.

Likewise, the Longhorn Scholars Mentorship is also about to end. It’s very sad, but I’m glad to see that my mentees have all found their place among UT Students.

At Admissions, life is pretty hectic. The scholarship deadline quickly approaches so it’s crunch time. I actually sat back and thought out how many tours I’ve given, and I lost count. I’m pretty sure I’ve spoken to a couple of hundred people… that’s awesome!
Not to mention the French dignitaries who came in inquiring about establishing a law similar to the top 10% rule in France. Comme j’adore personnes francophones!

Until next time, have a magnificent day!

November 29, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Enrique