Ha's Blog

A Post Between Turkeys

Oh, it’s that time of year again… the limbo period between holiday feasting. Introduction? Check.

My thanksgiving break was absolutely amazing (and I promise to post pictures soon…). There’s something wonderful about being able to finally go home and, in light of gathering thanks for a year’s worth of happy blessing, reuniting with every crazy, drunk, foot-in-mouth-syndrome suffering aunt, uncle, and third cousin twice removed. My thanksgiving dinner came complete with an eight-way battle royale over the drumsticks. …I don’t even like turkey, but for the sake of tradition, I threw a few elbows and left hooks with the holiday spirit. It just wouldn’t be right otherwise.

Now that I’ve been back at UT, though, I’m rather reluctant to admit that the post-thanksgiving weeks that arrive just before the… “winter solstice celebratory break” aren’t that fabulous. You see, next week are finals, and so little else besides the exponential increase in study-time and stress levels has been occurring here.

In other news, I’ll have to do some holiday shopping soon. Unfortunately, something I have learned very early in my few months here at UT is that a college student’s budget allows me a gift-buying budget of about one paperweight and four cottenballs. I hope mother will like the paperweight.

…I guess that leaves me with the snippets.
Bio prof: Why do you think cloning is bad?
Girl in the front row: Well, what if some big bad guy in another country learns how to clone? Then he’ll learn to make big, huge men for his armies and then they can attack us! I mean, truly that’s what would happen. What would we do then?
Boy in the back row: We shoot them with big, huge bullets.

December 3, 2007 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Ha