Joshuah's Blog

House Not Yet In Order

I know, I know. Im a little late posting my blog, but believe me, Ive been trying to get things in order. These past few months have just been pretty tough on me. My grades werent up to par last semester; I received my first ticket while tuition costs are rising and the economy is receding; my vision is gradually worsening; Im taking another 17 hour course load; my girlfriend essentially rejected the Christmas gift I bought her, at a time when I was really looking forward to seeing her smile; and then after dating for another year and few months, we broke up (not as a result of the gift, though).

Books Get Heavier

Knees get weaker, brain begins to hurt, and eyes begin to droop. Yes, schools back for the Spring. The R&R was fun while it lasted. The Winter break allowed me to catch up on all the political hopefuls while religiously following college football.

Im really excited about most of my classes, and I have come to understand that happiness is the key to success. Basic rules to follow:

• If you are dreading a course: Drop now and call your local community college.
  • If you are content with your courses: Expect a B.
  • If you are absolutely elated: An A is in your future.

Caution: Things dont always turn out in your favor.

Of my five classes I truly enjoy four. By the end of next week I expect to have dropped my Politics in China (it carries with it a relatively moderate-to-heavy amount of reading, and a professor who prefers discussion over lecture). To each his own I say; Ill choose my own.

January 22, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Joshuah