Alex's Blog

Spring Semester Begins!

Welcome back to school everyone! I hope everyone’s first week of spring classes have started out well. Now that I am in my final semester as an undergrad, the reality of graduating is beginning to set in. Scary!

I have an internship this semester at Emmis Austin, which I am super excited about. I started this past Monday and it’s really great. Emmis owns a lot of the radio stations in Austin (101X, BOB FM, KLBJ, etc), as well as some publications. I am interning for their Emmis Marketing Group – they are in charge of the large promotions/events for the stations. Pretty cool! I will definitely be keeping my blog updated on the life of an intern!

In addition to my internship, I am finishing up my final prereq needed to graduate. I know it sounds strange, but I feel old in my class! It seems like most of the other students are freshman…Hmm…

In other news, I had my 21st birthday over the break! It was really fun and some of my friends came in from out of town to celebrate with me. I was also lucky enough to spend a lot of the day with my family. They were super sweet and took me out to dinner (yum, free dinner!), plus gave me some awesome presents. Birthdays are fabulous.

Have a great week everyone!

January 22, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Alex