Joe's Blog

Back from break

Hello all,

How exciting it is to be back from the break. I wish it would have been longer, but I am grateful to be back. I was getting kind of bored over the break and was anxious to see how my classes panned out. I know I didnt post before the break and for that I am truly sorry but I will do much better this semester. I had a lot going on at the end of last semester.

In other news, over the break I did nothing but write. I wrote over twenty pages for my book and five new poems. I was really excited about that feat. It usually takes me a lot longer to write poetry but because I had nothing but time on my hands, I was able to concentrate on my craft and focus on what I wanted to say. I was writing all these poems because I was a featured poet at this spot. It turned out to be great and a lot of my friends came out to support me. Pictures will be available soon. As soon as I figure out how to work this. Lol!

This semester I am trying to get that elusive 4.0 and I think I will be able to do it. Im in a lot of interesting classes and so far I like my schedule. Im taking thirteen hours this semester, which is a light schedule for the most part, but I am working 24 hours at my job in admissions and another six hours at my internship. YAY!

So this semester I will be working with the Breakthrough-Austin program and I have two projects I am anxious to get started on. Its really fun and I cant wait to meet the students I will be mentoring/talking to. I really value the advice people gave to me and I want to pass that on to others.

I was going to write about my classes but Ill save that for next week, because I still have one more to go too, but other than that have a great weekend!

Random Fact- I name all of my handheld electronic devices. So my first phone in college was named Darius, my next one was called Xavier, the new one that I am about to get in a couple of minutes will be called Demarcus and my iPod was named Prince. Yeah, Im different.

January 18, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Joe