Joe's Blog

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

So sorry for all the weeks I have gone without a post. It seems like this semester is a lot more hectic than last semester and it has only started. I only have thirteen hours but I work at almost twenty five hours a week and I have the internship at Breakthrough for another six hours. I dont know how long Ill be able to keep up with my schedule.

I was originally taking sixteen hours this semester but I dropped three so I could work with Breakthrough. I was going to pick up another three but Im glad that I didnt. For all of you that want to know it, here is what my schedule looks like. I included all of the extra things I do on the side as well.

Monday
9-10:30 Volleyball
11-5:00 -Work at Admissions
9-11:00- Pageant Practice for Mr. Delta Sigma Theta

Tuesday
8-9:30- History of the Hip-Hop Generation
9:30- 11:00- The African American in Sport
11- 3:00- Work at Admissions
3:30- 5:00- Cognition, Human Learning, and Motivation

Wednesday
9-10:30- Volleyball
11-5:00- Intern with Breakthrough
5- 6:00- African American Culture Committee Meeting
6-9:00- Childrens Literature
9- 11:00- Pageant Practice for Mr. Delta Sigma Theta

Thursday
11- 3:00- Work at Admissions

Friday
8-5:00- Work at Admissions

This schedule may not seem all that difficult to follow but its like working eight to five everyday. My body usually gets tired around ten or eleven but some nights thats the time I finish, so that presents a problem. Im glad that I do have my schedule set up like this because it gets me prepped for the work world with the forty hour work weeks. Usually I get up at least an hour and a half before my first class Well, thats the time my alarm starts to go off. Lol!
I didnt put in my schedule all the events that I attend for a few of the 900+ student organizations we have. I try to support all the African American Organizations as best as I can, but sometimes I fall off.
Coming in as a freshmen you may not want to do this to yourself, because you will probably get worn out really fast. Most of all my classes are ones that I have to read a lot in so it benefits me because Im a fast reader, but if you are not, you may want to throw an elective in here just to balance it out. Ill be posting two blogs a week for the next two weeks until I catch up so I hope you look forward to it. A lot of people have been asking me about them, so Im going to post some of my poetry on here next. Stay safe and I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day. I did. Lol!

-Ciao

P.S.- E-mail me if you want too!

Random Fact- I dont know how many text messages my phone holds. Right now its at six hundred and counting. I still have the very first one I sent on this phone. Weird huh.

photo of Joe