Joshuah's Blog

A Week in Hecticville

Ive had an absolutely, ridiculously busy week. It was almost exactly a semester ago when I wrote about my catnap in the library during mid-terms week. In 5 days I have had 4 quizzes, 3 exams, homework, and an essay. Fortunately for me, Ive been on track this semester and didnt have to do any catch-up reading. I decided to take a break before revising my essay and studying for my quiz to post this blog. I apologize in advance if this blog is full of grammatical mistakes or just plain doesnt make any sense (Im pulling off my second all-nighter of the week).

Spring Break!

It is going to feel really nice to sit back and do nothing for a few days. I plan on practicing my Chinese characters, sentence structures, and hopefully get ahead in my government courses.

The temperature is absolutely cold outside. Im hoping Dallas snow can make a little more south so we can, strangely, build snowmen during Spring Break. Speaking of Dallas, our Houston Rockets are putting a beating on everyone. 17 straight wins for the Houston Rockets basketball team, and there is no end in sight. Despite our injured superstar Yao Ming, I think were going to be alright.

Jumbled Thoughts From a Tired Brain

Unfortunately, Obama took a few loses this week during the primaries, but it wasnt all that bad. I have never seen so many people interested in a political competition as was the case this week. Newspapers, canvassers, volunteers, students, and strangers were buzzing about the political race. The library was a full house, but laptop screens were posting electoral numbers.

Ive gotten back into working out over the past several weeks. I can proudly say that Ive made time to go to the gym almost every night. I try to limit the amount of time I spend working out, so I go as late as I can in order to pace my workout and keep from spending hours playing basketball.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, and well-deserved break. Time flies when youre having fun, so make sure you capture the moment. Live like theres no tomorrow, and for that matter, no after life!

photo of Joshuah