Renee's Blog

Austin Chocolate Festival

So there’s chocolate, and then there’s CHOCOLAT!

I went to the 3rd Annual Austin Chocolate Festival and melted with joy. Held at the Arthur Murray Dance Studio, participants wandered from table to table trading tickets for truffles. There was everything from chocolate mole to pure chocolate. The event also raised money and awareness for breast cancer.

Purchasing a ticket doesn’t stop at the delicious samples, but continues to the judging of the “most creative dessert” or the “best brownie.” For chocolate lovers like me, this was like class being cancelled times a billion. I don’t recommend staying over two hours however, even my stomach began to protest.

The chocolate sculptures by Expressions and chocolate print designs by Arte y Chocolate were phenomenal. I think my favorite had to be the Wild Woman Truffles from Wiseman House Chocolates.

Maria Arzola-Gomez, an Expressions chocolatier stands in front of her chocolate sculpture creation!

All I know is that if the festival was this amazing, next year will be even better!

You can find websites of the participating vendors here:
http://austinchocolatefestival.com/2008-Vendors.html

photo of Renee