Renee's Blog

Enrique sets the world on fire… I mean Duren

Spring Break was full of wonderful things, including Enrique setting our dorm fire alarm off!

Enrique- glad that this happened over spring break.

So I was in my pajamas watching Law and Order when the fire alarm went off during spring break. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!” I thought. Then I reluctantly removed myself from my peaceful oasis of seclusion. Usually fire alarms are not serious, merely drills, but being that it was Spring Break I was a little concerned. So there I am, baring my scary makeup-less sleepy self to the world. And then I see him. Enrique… standing there with a grin from ear to ear.

As I marched towards him he proceeded to defensively position himself. “I’m so sorry!” he said. “I was trying to make enchiladas in the kitchen and the alarm went off.”

Enrique telling our awesome RA, Ray what happened, and Ray laughing.

“Oh it won’t be long to clear this up,” I foolishly thought. Then came the first police car, then the fire engine. There was so much smoke that myself and the few other Duren refugees had to be escorted to Kinsolving to wait while they cleared the air.

Enrique telling the police officer what happened, he is not laughing.

Apparently the Duren kitchen can’t handle the making of Mexican food.

photo of Renee