Enrique's Blog

The Return of the Midterms

Midterms: Can’t live with them, can’t graduate without them (I realize this is poor grammar, and that yesterday was National Grammar Day, etc., but I had to write that in order to prove a point).

Well, this week is the week before Spring Break. Professors think it’s polite to deluge students with insane amounts of studying in order to enjoy our Spring Break. I work this Spring Break so it doesn’t really matter to me.

This is probably why I cannot appreciate the project for Romanticism in which I had to present the topic of Mountains and the Sublime to a class, or the Examen Orale de la classe de francais, or the Weather and Climate exam where I’ll have to ID clouds, or the Astronomy exam on Friday at 2 in the afternoon.

How long until I graduate again?

On a side note, I’ve been avoiding the blog in order to prevent you all from hearing my rants about political parties, caucuses, and primaries. However, last night at 10 p.m. while I was out in the cold waiting for slow people to vote, I realized how unique Texas is (and I don’t like this).

So instead of telling you all to go out and vote, and for whom to vote for, and where to vote, and blah blah blah vote, I’ll just talk about me.

I remember the first time I ever came to UT. I had never been anywhere near Austin. I saw the brochures and said, “Wow, these people look really happy!”

When I came to UT, I had already visited another university where I had a full scholarship. However, it was tiny (I’d met the President of the university already), I decided to go big.

TEXAS! I took a tour within ten seconds of my arrival for Orientation in the summer of 2005.

I blinked and saw myself buying my class ring because I’ve already completed the minimum hours required to be considered for a ring.

What happened? I just learned the history of the Hook ‘Em Horns! sign yesterday. I lived in Jester just a couple of weeks ago. Oh jeez… it has been a while.

Why am I being kicked out? The time has come, I have to finally wake up from this dream and go on to the real world…

Or I’ll apply to Grad School.

I think I’ll do that.

photo of Enrique