Anneliese's Blog

All You Need Is Love

Every semester, Alpha Phi Omega runs the state of Texas’ largest student-run blood drive. Each time we do it, I realize how giving the UT community is, and it reinstates my faith in the human race.

APO hosts three location spots on campus for the Blood Drive. There’s one on Speedway, one between the Tower and the South Mall, and one inside Jester. We work all day from 9-5 and all three locations and we work from 6-midnight at Jester Monday through Thursday. Needless to say, we are all exhausted at the end of the week but its worth it!

It feels like there are people constantly coming to the table asking what they need to do to donate blood. Its an easy process, but I am still amazed how many people will take the time to do it. To so many people, the idea of getting poked with a needle seems less than exciting, but they still without fail always come out and give blood and make a difference. There are lives being saved because of the blood drive we put on, but more than what we do, its about what the UT community does.

So, I’m going to take this opportunity to say Thanks to all those people who donated blood this semester, and if you didn’t get a chance, we’ll be out next semester too!

I haven’t come across any pictures from this semester, but I’ll put up one from last semester, so you can see what we do!

This is a photo of some members of APO working the table. Notice all the phlebotomist hard at work in the background!
photo of Anneliese