Joshuah's Blog

STRESSED BEYOND BELIEF

I have so much to do! Despite my best efforts to stay on track this semester, I am having trouble balancing everything. My PDA is filled with appointments and things to do for the next several weeks. Finals are approaching, two research papers are due in two weeks, homework, quizzes, tests, essays, and so much more. Unfortunately, all this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yesterday, at the PCL, I felt so overwhelmed that went for a workout a few hours earlier than usual. I spent about two hours in the gym trying to burn the stress off but it just lowered the boil to a simmer. I felt like collapsing; honestly.

I have so much stress at this point that Im very near depression. So much pressure is on my shoulders in fact, that I actually contemplated using violence to solve an incident today. I know none of this sounds positive, but its that time of the year again. Please forgive me, but how many more of these will I have to experience?

On a Lighter Note

Ive registered for next semesters classes, and the future looks bright. I promised to turn a new leaf this semester and things are well. Im working really hard this time around (whats new?). The only difference is that I actually feel as though Im being rewarded for all the effort Ive put in.

Like Ive said before: we all have to manage our time wisely. I always have, but Ive just never been given enough time.

The Forty Acres Fest took place 2 weekends ago and an absolutely great band performed. No, Im not talking about the Roots. A group by the name of The Octopus Project absolutely captivated my attention. Ive never been so moved by a music group as I was by them. Despite my frugality I actually bought their album. Yes, I thought they were that good!

Tips For the Day

• Dont forget to eat.
  • Try to workout today (it eases the stress).
  • Use Fridays (approaching quickly) to catch up and get ahead.
  • Find one day to sleep in!
  • Visit your professors before you begin to look too desperate by waiting another week.
  • Talk to your TAs about how hard youve been working.
  • Most importantly: Tell the people you care for that you love them.

Sidenote

Its very funny to me to see that, strangely, my most visited blog is here. I guess readers just loved the teaser. LOL

For some reason it has recently surpassed this one. Seriously guys, this could truly be you. Im here to help.

P.S. Ive received quite a few emails recently asking for advice and other miscellaneous things. Keep them coming! Everyone is more than welcome to contact me. I enjoy the dialogue and feedback.

再见

photo of Joshuah