Enrique's Blog

Update on FIRE!, Grab Your Helmet, My Computer Crashed, and What I’ve Been Up To

FIRE!

Last time, I wrote about how I was making enchiladas and set off the fire alarm in the dorm.
I met with the Hall Coordinator and we discussed the event, etc. I was found guilty (surprise, surprise), and verbally reprimanded, which only sounds bad.

Renee did a grand service in taking pictures of the incident and posting them if you’d like to see them.

In short, I’m okay.

My Computer Crashed

Background info: UT has a wireless network throughout the entire campus, and it is free of charge. For Residential Internet Access, however, it’s about $200.

Apparently, I was being tracked by a Spybot so my computer’s internet port was disabled until I ran some programs on it or Reformatted my computer. Of course the programs they want me to run are online so my only choice was to reformat. Insert Mozart’s Funeral March.

I lost all of my music, pictures, poems, and videos from my adventures at UT. Very tragic, but life goes on.

I finally go this fixed, and my internet’s been restored. I pledge never to use shady Japanese YouTube sites to watch Smallville.

What I’ve Been Up To

I’ve kept this somewhat under wraps. I love French. The language, the culture, the literature, all of it.

I’ve been getting my affairs in order so that I may Study Abroad in France this summer.
Malheursement (Unfortunately), I am unable to afford the program’s costs and airplane ticket.

This year has been full of disappointments for me, but I believe that there is a Master Plan that I must follow, and these paths may not have been for me.

I still really want to go to France though.

Until next time:

Listen to Muse’s Live CD HAARP, it’s wonderful.
Watch “Ladrn que roba a ladrn” It’s a Mexican American version of Ocean’s 11… but funny.

photo of Enrique