Joshuah's Blog

My Final Words Would Be Something Like This

So this is what the end feels like. Ive certainly valued this opportunity to share my thoughts with you all, and I hope my insight and stories have helped, even if just a little. So before I go Id like to provide a farewell the only way I know how.

I made a promise to myself to turn a new leaf and pull through with straight As this semester, and believe it or not I did it. Now only 2 more years and Im off to law school. Can you believe it? Time sure does fly. After a second year in school I feel so much more prepared for life.

For those of you who graduated this year, congratulations! I wish every Longhorn the best in lifes journey. For those of you entering TEXAS, Im sure youll love it just as much we all do. Here at UT were being filled with knowledge. Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

I have given PLENTY of advice this year, and Ive always prided myself on sharing knowledge. Therefore, I will give my last bit insight for all to know.

Goodbye Blog, Hello World

Im a pretty deep thinker. So deep in fact that my mom worries about me! I told her the other day that I was on a quest to find the meaning of life (if one exists), and she told me that worried her.

At this moment in my life I believe that we have one life to live and nothing more. I dont believe in opportunities for corrections or adjustments after death comes to us. I, oddly, live my life while preparing for death. So, what I want everyone of you to know is that life comes and goes and this is all we have. Take your horns and grow. Take your knowledge and give back. Take your life and be happy.

Here at the University of Texas at Austin we are supposed to change the world. They say that a mere 50,000 students are supposed to change the world. My question is: Do you believe that? But in order to answer that question you must find within you what constitutes change. But the broader questions are: what do you want out of life? How do you want to be remembered? If it was all over today, would you be satisfied with what you have done?

In my very first blog I stated that I wanted to leave this world better than when I found it. So I ask myself almost everyday if I am happy with what I have done. The answer is usually yes, but my journey is not yet complete.

For those who choose to listen: stay hungry and work like you are starving. Put your heart into all that you do, because theres no turning back. This life is all that we have, so love it and be happy. WERE TEXASWHAT STARTS HERE CHANGES THE WORLD.

Give em hell and Hook em Horns!

May 29, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Joshuah