Doyin's Blog

Brr, It’s Cold Out There

Well, fall is here. Kinda sorta. As is usually with Texas weather, it hasn’t quite made up it’s mind. Some days it’s cold enough for me to be wearing two jackets and other days I can manage with just a T-shirt. But either way, fall is here.

And I hate it.

I LOATHE cold weather. Just being cold is the most uncomfortable thing to me…. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I’m already counting down ’til spring.

But… THANKSGIVING BREAK. I am sooo ready to go home and stuff myself. And then come back loaded with all sorts of creative turkey dishes to sustain me through finals. And yeah, it’d be nice to see my family, too. :D

Remember a few posts back when I was saying I needed to get out more? Well, I have, and I haven’t. Of course I’ve done more and seen more. But it was still just pertaining to UT. Not that that’s a bad thing.

Since my last entry, I’ve gone to see two spectacular plays, put on by our wonderful actors at UT, “Still Life With Iris” and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” Well, I actually saw three plays, but I didn’t think the other one was so… spectacular…

And a few weekends ago I went with my African Students Association family to Baylor’s 10th Annual Extravaganza and Jazz Banquet. We competed in the categories of Poetry, Dance, Fashion Show, and Drama (yours truly was in the fashion show). I can’t remember exactly which category won what, but we placed either first or second in all of them and then won first place overall! :D

And yeah, I’ve hung out with friends and worked a few football games. BUT, I still have not seen Austin! Hopefully I’ll remedy that during the time period between my last final and going home. And then of course there’s spring semester.

=Doyin

P.S. Pictures from UT ASA’s time at Baylor!

I *africa* ASA!

I *africa* ASA! (can you find me?)

UT ASA with our awards!

UT ASA with our awards! (I'm the girl in the blue dress... and I'm not exactly sure what pose I was going for... )

November 25, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to Brr, It’s Cold Out There

Awesome pictures. you look GREAT!!

April 22, 2009
— Helen

photo of Doyin