Hannah's Blog

Halloween

I have never been part of a group costume before (unless I’m blocking a memory of the Spice Girls ca. 1996), but this year, my friends and I dressed up as ballerinas. I burned my finger with the hot glue gun while making my tutu. We went to Domy and saw some drawings of monsters.

Ballerinas, and a First Lady, at Domy

Ballerinas, and a First Lady, at Domy

On Sunday, I went to part of the Plan II Thesis Symposium (required for my own thesis course). Some of the research seemed really interesting–particularly a project on the privatization of warfare. I was surprised by the variety of topics (click the link above for a program). I also found it really stressful.

I hate public speaking, and I hate that I’ll have to present my work before I can graduate. I hate that writing my thesis involves reading law review articles that I don’t even have the money to print out. I hate… well, I won’t continue. Writing a thesis is a joyous activity that will be the pinnacle of all my achievements here at UT.

Finally, a quick plug: Analecta, the official literary and arts magazine of UT, is now accepting submissions for its upcoming issue (#35). Submission guidelines are here. Staff blog is here. Rep your student publications, spread the word, and submit!

November 2, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post

2 Comments to Halloween

looking cute, hannah! hope you had an awesome halloween : )

November 4, 2008
— Archana

You look cute.

May 7, 2009
— Briana

photo of Hannah