Hannah's Blog

Post-Election Blues

Basic publicity, folks: if you’re going to have a canned food drive, people should probably know about it ahead of time, because I don’t know about you, but I’m not usually lugging cans of beans in my backpack when I’m biking to school. Thus, it really confused me when I came down to the South Mall on my way to an Arabic test on Wednesday, still basking in the election afterglow, and happened upon a bunch of people yelling at me to donate food. I mean, had I known about it, I would have brought something.

"Take a Byte Out of Hunger"--I'm not sure what this means

So, moral of the story: I like this girl’s banana costume, but it doesn’t make up for the fact that I simply didn’t have food to donate. Wrong place, wrong time, and all that.

I spent Friday night watching my friends make a movie in the art building and trying to read for my thesis.

In this picture, I am reading "The Constitution in Wartime." Fun!

Then I fell asleep on the green velvet couch in one of the studios and decided it was time to go home. I biked up the big hill from San Jacinto to Duval and 32nd in the cold and when I got home I thought I was having an asthma attack. Physical fitness: should be more of a priority.

November 8, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post

2 Comments to Post-Election Blues

Those were some pretty sweet banana costumes.

I was a little confused by the drive too. Apparently, the food had already been donated and they were just setting it out to raise awareness of what they had done? Despite the confusion, the drums and costumes were entertaining.

November 13, 2008
— Anna Sallack

Yeah, I saw those people too… But I wouldn’t have known they were having a canned food drive. It all just seemed really random…

November 14, 2008
— Doyin

photo of Hannah