Hannah's Blog

Tautomorphemic nonback nonobstruents

Oh, the end of the semester. That joyous time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The air is cold and filled with feelings of celebration, festivity, and the spirit of the season:

anxiety.

I know I have been negligent on this blog of late. Forgive me! To recap: I left you before Thanksgiving, having recently turned the long-awaited 21. I flew home to New York, where I didn’t leave the house for 24 hours due to inclement weather (read: a cold drizzle). Then it was the last week of classes: tests, presentations, parties… you know the drill.

In the past couple of weeks, I’ve gone to a bunch of art stuff (how did I wind up knowing so many art people? Who knows), actually watched more than one movie (unheard of), gone to a bunch of parties, drank a lot of tea.

here I am impersonating my best friend

here I am impersonating my best friend

Now I write you from the depths of the PCL (third floor) as I procrastinate writing a paper on the derivation of the velar and palatal fricative in Standard German. Five pages down, five to go. In the interest of the same procrastination, I could tell you that this past weekend I ate the best barbeque I’ve ever had (apparently the best in Texas, according to Texas Monthly and the New Yorker–oh, look! cross-cultural media!). Go to Snow’s, it’s only 50 miles away. Order the brisket, chicken, and ribs. Do not order sausage, apparently. Be prepared not to eat anything for the following 48 hours. But go.

December 8, 2008 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Hannah