Hannah's Blog

Live from New York, It’s Wednesday Morning

Forgive me. I am very much still on vacation. One night last week Sophie and I watched five episodes of Sex and the City (season 6, natch) and then had to complete the entire NYT crossword puzzle in order to prevent our brains from falling out of our ears.

The big news from break is that I was supposed to go to Israel on Monday on one of those free trips but decided not to. I’m not really feeling this incursion into Gaza; it’s not my style. I don’t mean to be glib about it, but now really seems like the wrong time to go. I’m sure I will post about my feelings regarding the trip in more detail at some point. Now’s not the time (mainly due to mushy-brain syndrome).

Highlights of being home so far: Hal and Sophie came to stay and we saw some really great stuff at the Whitney. The MoMa was a total madhouse. New Year’s Eve was, typically, a little wild, but only a little. We had a dinner party with some of my high school BFFs.

Hannah, me, Anna

the menu planners and implementers, from L to R: Hannah, me, Anna

Most exciting news of break is that I totally saw my favorite celebrity chef, David Chang, prepping family meal @Momofuku Ko. We’re going to the Ssäm Bar tonight for dinner and I’m pretty sure I’ve never been so excited about a restaurant. More TK.

January 7, 2009 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Hannah