Archana's Blog

Austin Tradition: Trail of Lights

Currently listening to: Michael Penn – Walter Reed

So my 38 days of winter break are almost behind me, and it was exactly what I needed. I got to reconnect with my family, friends, SLEEP and relax.

While my sister was in town, our family bundled up and headed to see the Trail of Lights (ToL). ToL is Austin’s winter wonderland; Zilker Park is lit up with thousands of lights and there’s a giant tree at the end that you inevitably spin under.

I’ve lived in Austin for most of my life but have only been to the ToL a handful of times. I guess it’s one of those things that you take for granted when you live in a city for a long time. And who knows? Come December 2009, I might not even be in Austin. Definitely something fun to do with your friends after finals are over! Get outside, check out the lights, have some cocoa :)

Check out my goofy family (below) at the ToL holiday portraits and ToL video I made.

January 19, 2009 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to Austin Tradition: Trail of Lights

hey my name is Amanda Ball i am a sophmore in high skool!!! i would like to know more stuff about the university and i was wonderin if u will tell me some stuff!!!!! just email me back!!!

November 30, 2009
— Amanda Ball

photo of Archana