Paul's Blog

Weekend Update

Monday: was a relatively mundane day, on the whole. I spent the afternoon, after my classes, playing Rock Band on and off with roommates.

Tuesday: I auditioned for a really great choir called the Conspirare Symphonic Choir. Based in Austin and directed by former UT professor Craig Hella Johnson, this large ensemble performs major works a few times a year. I should hear back soon, and if I make it you’ll hear about my experiences with that.

Wednesday: Had a nice meeting of the Queer Students Alliance. We’re planning a conference later in the semester, and just general upkeep stuff was discussed. After church choir, I got to go home and relax because Ransom Notes (the a cappella group I’m in) rehearsal got moved to Thursdays. YES! Then I went back out at 10 and went to Coffee, hosted by HangOut, a queer org on campus dedicated to promoting socializing and networking within the UT Austin queer community.

Thursday: Had a great time in video game class, which I’ll talk a little more about later when I can post a game or two. The Ransom Notes were pleased to welcome the Princeton Footnotes, an all-male a cappella group that was on tour from way up at Princeton, to rehearsal.

The Princeton Footnotes' Kelly Stapleton serenades the Ransom Notes' own Jamie Clark

Friday: Performed with the UT Chamber Singers for the re-opening of Bass Concert Hall, a big venue on campus across from the stadium that is hosting a TON of excellent shows this year (it’s actually right across the street from the stadium, and is connected to the music building. Location location location…). This concert included electrofunk band Ghostland Observatory, world famous singers such as Frederica von Stade and Samuel Ramey, and of course the UT Symphony Orchestra and combined choirs performing Howard Hanson’s Song of Democracy.

Bass Concert Hall

The newly reopened Bass Concert Hall. Photo by Mark Rutkowski.

January 31, 2009 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to Weekend Update

Paul I lurv you! you rock

February 3, 2009
— Jeffwey

photo of Paul