Paul's Blog

In Memoriam: Jeffrey Weng

On Sunday morning, Jeffrey Weng, a sophomore at UT Austin in the Butler School of Music, passed away.

An accomplished composition major and percussionist, Jeffrey was an energetic and kind person whose presence enhanced the lives of all he came across. Jeffrey was also in Circle K International, the service organization I am vice president of at UT Austin, and was the roommate of another Circle K-er, who is another dear friend of mine. The School of Music, the College of Fine Arts and Circle K International are all mourning the loss of a dear, dear friend. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts.

1 Comment to In Memoriam: Jeffrey Weng

Hi, I just stumbled across this blog from the utexas site. I’m kind of taken aback when I saw this post because I remember meeting this guy from a class I had last semester. Doesn’t he have a sister? I remember that I thought he was pretty awesome for being a percussionist at UT and that he had chosen to be in a class with his sister. May I ask how he passed away? It’s always surprising to find out how the most random/smallest details in life can stay with you for the longest time…

March 11, 2009
— Liza M.

photo of Paul