Doyin's Blog

My Unrequited Love

I love Austin. I’ve been here for a little more than a semester and I already love this weird little big place. I’ve seen just small bits and glimpses of the actual city, but I like what I see. I’ve fallen head over heels with this city and everything in it (OK, not everything, I mean, bats, really?).

Austin, however, does not love me back.

And as a result, it does everything in its power to push me away. Its weapon of choice is making me sick. Back in Mesquite, during my entire four years of high school, I think I got sick…four times. Maybe. But then I get here and my immune system just crashes. Within my first semester here at UT, I got sick at least three times. Mostly allergy issues that grew into a cold or so. But still, sick is sick. Within my first week back for this semester, my allergies flared up again (instantly, on my first morning back) and I just accepted it because Austin’s not the cleanest city in the world and there’s bound to be something in the air that will bother me.

But now, this week. This cold/flu/fever thing has got to go. It just started this Monday, but I feel like I’ve been sick forever. Time flies by when you’re healthy, but seems to take forever when you’re sick. Which makes being sick stink even more.

But, I don’t mean to complain…

OK, yes I do. I hate being sick, uncomfortable, weak and achy. I hate having all sorts of stuff oozing out of my face. It’s not fun. At all. So, yeah, this is a vent-ish blog…I should probably put that warning somewhere in the beginning so nobody has to suffer through this blog before they find out they don’t actually have to read it…

Oh well.

Don’t be upset at me, people. I’m sick, this is the best I could do. Hopefully by next week, I’ll be back with some mind-blowing blog. So no hard feelings? OK? OK.

And don’t worry about me too much. A few gallons of Theraflu and a couple bottles of vitamin C pills will take care of this soon enough.

=Doyin

P.S. I think I just got my roommate sick. Sorry, Miku! Darn you, Austin!

4 Comments to My Unrequited Love

Hi Doyin,

lol I know this has nothing to do with your blog (I think I might be getting sick too cuz my throat feels kind of sore) but I saw that you are in my J310 class and were in the UGS class last semester too. I was doing the reading in the reading packet this week and didn’t see a chapter written by Damer. I don’t know if I lost it or maybe Jensen acccidentally left it out, so I was wondering if you could check yours and tell me if you have it or not.

February 25, 2009
— Destiny Bennett

OMG! That is the thing I’m afraid of the most; getting sick at college! How do you sit in class being all achy and snotty? LOL. Do you even go to class some days? Do you go regardless if you’re sick or not? If you miss a day of class, will the teacher care if you’re sick because I know there are some who don’t care. Sorry for all the questions, but I hope you can answer at least one.

March 5, 2009
— Amber

Amber. I can manage being in class when I’m sick. I just carry around a bunch of pocket sized kleenexes. I usually go to class when I’m sick, but then day I wrote entry was the worst I’ve ever felt and I missed one class, but it was the class that I could afford to miss since the teacher put her notes online. And yeah there are some who will care, but others don’t unless you miss a test or something then you have to work things out with your teacher. All in all, I try not to miss class.

=Doyin

March 6, 2009
— Doyin

LOL!!! Austin doesn’t love you!! Oh well, Mesquite LOVES YOU!

April 22, 2009
— Helen

photo of Doyin