Doyin's Blog

Rain, Rain, Go Away

And please don’t ever show your face again.

Friday morning when I started this blog, I had just gotten back from trudging around in the hail. When I left for my 8 o’clock class this morning and then came back about 9 a.m., the sky only looked like rain. When I left my dorm around 9:30, it was raining, just slightly. I got on the Forty Acres bus and rode it around to Dean Keeton, where the Student Services Building was. Just as my stop was coming up, the rain instantly turned into a torrent-like hail storm. But luckily I had an umbrella with me, so I was only soaked from the calves down. And now the weather for today’s already looking confused. Man, I love Texas weather.

But enough about that…

The few weeks before Spring Break were… for lack of a better word: INSANE. Too much going on.

Two weeks before Spring Break was African Students’ Association’s Banquet Week, so there was an event pretty much every day all leading up to our spectacular banquet on Saturday.

Game Night. I helped plan the event and was a judge.

Game Night. Judge #1: Me! ;D

Winning team of Game Night.

Blue Team: Winning team of Game Night.

Date Auction! Aren't they gorgeous?

Date Auction! Aren't they gorgeous?

My brother was an escort for the date auctin females.

My brother was an escort for the date auction females.

Talen Show... This was the fashion show part of it and I was a model.

Talent Show... This was the fashion show part of it and I was one of the models.

Gorgeous freshmen girls at Banquet!... Yes that's me in the middle looking... sneaky...

One of my favorite pictures from banquet. Me and two of my favorite people.

One of my favorite pics from banquet: Me with Evelyn and Timi!

Blessing, Tyler, Gloria and me.

Another favorite banquet picture: Blessing, Tyler, Gloria and me.

Looks like a fun week right? It was fun, although a bit busy. But I paid for it the week after that… oh what a dark and evil week that was…

If I remember correctly, I had… two exams, one quiz and two papers that week. Wednesday night was a horrible night trying to prepare for tests and papers on Thursday… A night that has now been dubbed “Death Night” by me and the two other friends who were involved in it. I won’t go into details. In fact, I’d rather forget it ever happened.

So you can believe Spring Break was welcome. I finished my last quiz an hour before I left on Friday… I was pretty fed up by then. And so ready to just go home and ReLaX. Which I did. It was great. I don’t think I would have enjoyed it much if we’d went on vacation somewhere or something, ’cause all I really wanted was to just be in the comfort of my home again. I basically spent the whole week at home… barely moving. And I loved it. It’s just what I needed to prepare for the rest of the semester.

=Doyin

3 Comments to Rain, Rain, Go Away

I hate rainy days, too. It kinda brings my mood down. Good to know you had a lovely vacation! Can’t wait to read your next blog!

April 1, 2009
— Helen

Doyin, that rainstorm was awful! I walked to class without an umbrella : /

Your pics are awesome! Sounds like the banquet dinner was a hit!

April 1, 2009
— Archana

Thanks Helen.

Aw, sorry Archana. Yeah, some of my other friends told me unfortunate stories of being caught in the rain umbrella less.

And aren’t my pictures. They belong to my friends Moyo, Evelyn and Moustapha… :)

April 3, 2009
— Doyin

photo of Doyin