Joseph's Blog

Spring Break

Spring break is over, but I always welcome not having to wake up in the mornings.

I found this mix tape by Travis Barker and DJ Am. It’s insanely good. Maybe I’m falling into their ploy of mixing hip hop with all kinds of genres of music, but it’s working. It’s working! Anyone who is a fan of music should definitely check it out.

So last night the Student Events Center’s Film Committee had an advance screening of “Fast and Furious.” I’m definitely a car junkie, and I love any movie that boasts fast cars and intense chase scenes. The dialogue is a bit cheesy at times, and it was definitely accented by the audience (a large group of us college kids) laughing at the lines. Unlike the critics out there, I wanted to watch the movie solely for the cars. I mean, yeah there are some parts that are ridiculous thanks to “Hollywood science/technology,” but overall I definitely liked the movie. I didn’t like “Tokyo Drift” too much, which comes after “Fast and Furious” in the FnF timeline. The cars were pretty cool, except that one car that Bow Wow drives. Seriously, a Hulk kei-car? Honestly. I definitely recommend “Fast and Furious” for anyone who is looking for some laughs, lots of hot cars and Vin Diesel rage. And Jordana Brewster still looking good after eight years. ^_^ In theaters April 3.

At least we’re on the downhill. Seven more weeks ’til this semester is over! Keep it up, everyone.

photo of Joseph