Doyin's Blog

Last Stop of the Night

So I’m staying away from Facebook for a while.

Because I can’t believe that it’s the last three weeks of my first year here. O.O But it is. And in order to survive I need to cut out some of the things that distract me, and since Facebook is a huge distraction, I’ve let someone I trust change my password. I won’t be back until May 16 at 10 p.m., the end time of my last final.

But until then, I have to focus on all the work I’ve got to get through until then. In less than three weeks I have to tackle: one Theatre exam, one Chemistry exam, a few Chemistry quizzes, two Yoruba quizzes, one Yoruba presentation, one Journalism book, one Journalism paper… and then we top it all off with my Chemistry and Yoruba finals. Yay!

And then I go home!

Only to come back a few weeks later for summer school. But only for the first session. We’ve already established that Austin doesn’t love me as much as I love it, so there’s no way I can spend my whole summer here. Plus I miss my family… and my mom’s food. :D

But yes, we’re getting close to our last stop. WE are. US. YOU and ME, dear reader.

I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I wish I’d been a better blogger and told you more about myself and UT. I wish I’d ran around Austin more to tell you more about what a great city it is. That I’d explored UT more… But thanks for sticking with me… even through my unannounced absences. Thanks for reading and commenting (if you haven’t there’s still time!). I hope I had (positive) influence on your feelings about UT. ;)

So look forward to my last few blogs. Until then.

=Doyin

1 Comment to Last Stop of the Night

Hey Doyin!
I can’t wait for you to come home! Good luck on your exams. I did my LAST taks test this year. Thank goodness. But I have to take a social studies test. I REALLY HATE SOCIAL STUDIES!! Oh well. Can’t wait to read your next blog!!

Love Helen!!

May 1, 2009
— Helen

photo of Doyin