HEY UT AUSTIN BLOGOSPHERE!
My name is Melissa and I wanted to welcome you to my 2009-2010 Longhorn Confidential Blog! I’m so excited to share my freshman year experience with all of you, and have something [so public] to document all of my trials and tribulations these first two semesters.
Here are some fun facts about me, so we can all get to know each other a little better:
- I am a freshman at UT majoring in International Business and Middle Eastern Studies.
- I’m from New Jersey, and I never, EVER thought I would go to school in Texas.
- When I decided I was coming here, my best friends protested by telling me I would turn into a cowgirl. That has yet to happen.
- I have only ever been to two college football games: UT vs. LMU and UT vs. Tech—both of them were awesome!
- Other than blogging, I am involved in the Out-of-State Students Association, and I am a member of both the Undergraduate Business Council and the Student Government Longhorn Legislative Aides.
- I love being involved! I’m one of those people that isn’t happy unless I have a million things to do and a billion places to be.
- You will see photos of all of the above mentioned things- my camera and I are attached at the hip!
I think that’s enough fun facts for one entry [especially my first]. Thanks for reading and I’ll see you back here.
I’m a freak. And a geek. And I’m okay with that. All things considered, I think it’s pretty cool.
Welcome to the blog world of a graduate student
I am Evelyn, a first-year graduate student, who has been on campus for the past 7 years (5 as an undergraduate and 2 as a staff member). Though the Forty Acres (which really are more like 350 acres, but that’s another story) have been part of my life for awhile, I still have much to learn. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you this school year! Here are the basics:
- Graduate School: I am a graduate student in the College of Education, Higher Education Administration. The first month of classes intimidated me, but also solidified my decision to go in this career path. My 10 year goal – to become a fantastic academic adviser or student life coordinator.
- Undergraduate: UT Austin 2002-2007 BBA in Marketing and BS in Kinesiology – Sport Management, study abroad in Salzburg Austria (another day, another blog post).
- Work: Undergraduate Internships/Jobs with Round Rock Express, UT Athletics Marketing, Russell Korman Jewelers, Longhorn Band and McCombs Business Partners; Professional – 2 years as a Freshman Admission Counselor; Currently – Graduate Assistant for the Leadership Program in the McCombs School of Business.
- Hometown: Odessa, Texas, yes my alma mater is the famous Permian High School – GO MOJO!
Though my life currently consists of a TON of work and reading, I was able to go to the UT-Tech game last weekend. Here was my view of the game, with 100,000 other friends
Stay tuned and Hook ‘Em!