The course catalog for spring will be out in only a few short weeks and, to quote a professor of mine, I want to take the time to urge you all to “run quick like bunnies” as soon as you’re able to register and sign up for something… unexpected.
So it’s happened: I got sick. After a week of having some mysterious flu-like thing, my roommate has finally gotten me ill as well. Fortunately, I’ve been collecting advice from friends about what to do/how to get better, so I figured I’d share my tips and tricks with you.
YOU’RE SICK? 10 THINGS TO GET BETTER NOW.
- keep drinking fluids- tea and juice especially
- stop pulling all-nighters
- wear socks/ stay warm
- wash your hands, sheets and clothes frequently
- skip class. Sure you may not want to, but no teacher will ever, ever want you to get them sick, ever. Just e-mail them before you ditch.
- eat actual food
- go to the SSB ASAP
- do NOT walk to the CVS with a pharmacy on 30th. Either take the bus or spring for a cab.
- stay away from other sick people – that includes boyfriends and girlfriends who are also sick.
- go to an acupuncturist (this is how Shradha, my roommate, got rid of her sore throat apparently)
There you have it, the top ten. I’ll let you know if any of them actually work… [especially that last one]