Sara's Blog

Moxie

Noun (slang): vigor; verve. Ex: I need to rediscover my moxie.

My apologies for not having kept everyone posted these past few weeks. I have been hiding out in the architecture lounge, which resembles a study lounge from a movie set and is nearly always empty and therefore conducive to productivity.

In a nutshell: I considered applying to law school, but then I reverted to the original plan of waiting a while. Then I considered applying to the Arabic Flagship Program at UT, which is a phenomenal program but would require me to stay here an additional two years to gain Arabic proficiency. So then I reverted to the original plan of learning Arabic the old-fashioned way: in the Middle East. Bold move when everyone else drinks the UT Arabic program Kool-aid. It is among the best programs in the nation, but I don’t know if, after the second year, it beats living in the Middle East.

This weekend, I volunteered at the Texas Book Festival. See picture below. I have a huge soft spot in my heart for people who love books. I’m fairly convinced that people who love books are people who love people. Let’s not discuss the logical fallacies of that statement and instead merely ruminate on its poignancy. Yes?

This weekend was also Halloween. Here’s what I think about Halloween:

halloween costumes

Texas Book Festival:

Book Festival B&N tent

November 2, 2009 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Sara