Melissa's Blog

Oh, the weather outside IS frightful!

Happy winter break everyone!

So NJ has been… how do you say… SO COLD! Although I have missed my family, friends, town, and diner a ton this semester, I have not missed this weather at all. Literally, you go to sleep and it’s clear outside, and wake up to a mountain of snow in your drive way. Love it.

Winter break has been a blast, though. The first week, my best friend and roommate from UT came home to Jersey with me and we went into the city basically everyday for a week and did all of the classic, NYC touristy stuff. It’s funny, I’ve lived here my whole life, but it takes me bringing a bunch of Texans home for me to really, really appreciate how dynamic and wonderful New York is.

Now, I’m catching up on sleep, seeing all of my friends for the first time in months and hanging out with la familia. Chill times, good times, home times. But I can’t wait to go back to school!

Here's Michelle, Shradha and I in front of the tree in Rockefeller Center. Happy holidays everyone!

December 30, 2009 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Melissa